Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day 14:

Souffle au Comte (cheese souffle)
Truite de Mer, Sauce Verte (whole poached fish with herbed
mayonnaise)
Creme Brulee


After a marginal success with seafood yesterday, the sea got its revenge. The fish was a mess from start to finish. My biggest problem was trying to figure out how to divide a whole fish into portions for serving - especially after
trying to create cucumber "scales" on the back. Yea. I know. It looks kinda freaky.


Everything stank like fish for several days. I spent a long time trying to clean, but I'm still finding fish scales here and there. Here's a good tip though- For sterilizing your person, I recommend the following procedure: Shower. Sauna. Shower again. Repeat.









Butter: 1/3 stick
Eggs: 14

3 comments:

megan said...

nice torch. i wanted to learn how to scale a fish - can we try it sometime? maybe outside and involving a grill though...

megan said...

i think what this blog is doing is making it possible for me to not visit you anymore, because I know what you've been cooking. But my mom reads it too, so maybe not.

I need to go to Trader Joe's again sometime - let me know if you want to go.

megan said...

and i don't know exactly how it translates, but compte has nothing to do with cheese. cheese is fromage en francais. compte means something like 'account'. Is this the money souffle because it's so good?